Menu

Recent Comments

    Categories

    © 2012 BlogName - All rights reserved.

    Firstyme WordPress Theme.
    Designed by Charlie Asemota.

    Ryan makes Melbourne group wait on takeover decision

    31/01/2019 - Author: admin - Comments are closed

    “I don’t have time to be the owner or major shareholder. But I have said before I think the club can work”: Gerry Ryan. Photo: Josh RobenstoneOrica-GreenEDGE Cycling boss and Melbourne businessman Gerry Ryan says he will decide early next month whether to join the consortium that has taken control of Melbourne Storm.
    Nanjing Night Net

    European-based New Zealanders Bart Campbell and Michael Watt, and Melbourne millionaire Matthew Tripp, have been identified as members of Holding MS, the company that assumed control of the world champions from News Ltd on Tuesday.

    Ryan has also been mentioned in dispatches but said he was yet to commit to the group.

    ”I think we’re all going to meet on the fourth or the third of June, when we’re going to discuss the final rollout of the new structure,” Ryan said. ”We’ll have some dialogue then and I’ll decide what I’m going to do … I don’t have time to be the owner or major shareholder. But I have said before I think the club can work.”

    Ryan said it was his understanding that three individuals were already committed to the project and five more had been asked to take part.

    Asked if he was being asked to make a big financial commitment to the Storm, Ryan said: ”No”.

    ”I think there are some board positions that they’re looking for some shareholders. But it’s more giving them some time, networking and introducing people.”

    Ryan said he had met London-based Campbell once, six months ago through a mutual friend, and had spent time with Watt at a workshop associated with his technology company, which made the props for the King Kong stage show.

    Watt, who is based in Ireland and sells sports TV rights, also produces Broadway musicals.

    Ryan said he was impressed with new chief executive Mark Evans and that the new owners would ”bring value to the club” but believed it would ”take a few years to turn the club around”.

    In on-field news, coach Craig Bellamy said he always believed James Maloney, who lines up for the Roosters against him on Saturday, would be a first-grader. He also said the ex-Storm player would not be out of place in the NSW Origin side.

    Maloney left the Storm for the Warriors in 2009 after playing four first-grade games. ”I used to play against his old man, I played in a rep side with him once,” Bellamy said. ”He was a tough unit, his old man. James is of the same ilk.

    ”He’s a tough, gritty player – he’s probably made for Origin. If he does get that [blue] jumper, it’s going to be an enormous credit to him. He hasn’t had the easiest start to his career. He played lots of reserve grade at Parramatta and had a year with us here. But he’s worked really hard and it will be a real pride thing for him and his family, if he gets that blue jumper.”

    This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

    Categories: 南京夜网